Mr. Nelson Mandela devoted his life to fight for the rights of humanity for 67 years. He is a true inspiration, leader, peacemaker, icon…
The Nelson Mandela Day was launched to encourage people around the world to take 67 minutes of their time to do good. The objective is to inspire people to change the world, and to help making it a better place for all.
“There is nothing more important in life than giving.”- Nelson Mandela
This day is truly special, because we also celebrate Madiba’s birthday and legacy. If all 6.95 billion humans living on earth participate, miracles will surely happen. If everybody stand together and do something for a worthy cause we will change the way we live forever.
67 WAYS TO CHANGE THE WORLD:
1. Make a new friend. Get to know someone from a different cultural background.
2. Offer to take an elderly neighbour who can’t drive to do their shopping/chores.
3. Organise a litter cleanup day in your area.
Help out for good health
4. Get in touch with your local HIV organisations and find out how you can help.
5. Help out at your local hospice, as staff members often need as much support as the patients.
Become an educator
6. Offer to help out at your local school.
7. Mentor a school leaver or student in your field of expertise.
Help those living in poverty
8. Clean out your cupboard and donate the clothes you no longer wear to someone who needs them.
9. Put together food parcels for a needy family.
Look after your environment
10. Donate indigenous trees to beautify neighbourhoods in poorer areas.
11. Collect old newspapers from a school/community centre/hospital and take them to a recycling centre.
I’m spreading the word-The full list is on www.madeladay.com
Mr. Mandela is turning 93 tomorrow (18 July) and I hope he lives many more years.
We can change the world, but it is all up to us. Let us strive and make everyday a Mandela Day!